A century of Physics at Birmingham
2pm Saturday 20 November 2010
The Poynting Building, School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Birmingham
Chairman of the meeting: Dr Peter Ford.
- 2pm Dr Robert Whitworth, School of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Birmingham
a selection from the Birmingham University Collection of Historic Physics Instruments, including those of Lodge, Poynting and the cavity magnetron
- 3.0 - 3.45 Refreshments followed by
visit to The Museum of School of Physics and Astronomy
- 3.45 Dr Peter Rowlands, Physics Department University of Liverpool
Chadwick, the cyclotron and the bomb
- 4.30 Dr Christoph Laucht, History Department, University of Liverpool
Sir Rudolf Peierls and the Atomic Scientists' Association
- 5.15pm AGM of the History of Physics Group
Advance Notice of the 2010 Group Annual General Meeting
This is for members only.
Click here for details.
Contacts: Dr Robert Whitworth
University of Birmingham
Contact: Dr John Roche.
Linacre College, St Cross Road Oxford OX1 3JA
Tel: 01865 714539
Please let us know by email or by post if you wish to attend
Page last updated 10 Nov 2011
Click here to return to the Group Home page.